The STAR 1- 4 Events and STAR 1-Gold Assessments will remain with the existing criteria and materials for this season. These materials and trainings are being reviewed, and updates will be communicated as they become available.
The Program Components and related factors are updated for those STAR, Adult and Special Olympic categories using the CPC system. Information is available on the Notice Board.
Choreographic sequence for events will follow the update provided by the ISU: A Choreographic Sequence consists of at least 2 different movements like spirals, arabesques, spread eagles, Ina Bauers, hydroblading, any jumps with maximum of 2 revolutions, spins, etc. Steps and turns may be used to link the 2 or more different movements together. Listed elements included in the Choreographic Sequence will not be called and will not occupy a box. The pattern is not restricted, but the sequence must be clearly visible. (Note: Assessments will allow what is identified in the assessment guide)
- STAR 6 Freeskate Program assessment:
- aligns with the STAR 6 program requirements at events. Skaters may only repeat one jump type. Jumps with a different number of revolutions are considered the same jump type (e.g., 1T and 2T are the same jump type). The requirement for one combination to include a toe loop as the second jump and the other to include a loop has been removed.
- Gold Skills assessment:
- The challenge exercise must be performed. This update was as of July 1, 2022. On the assessment day, the skater will draw from the STAR 6-10 exercise patterns they are to perform.
- Synchronized Skating:
- Assessments for STAR 2, STAR 3 and STAR 4 synchronized skating are available. Note: A skater must have completed STAR 1 Skills prior to participating in a synchronized skating assessment.
STAR 1-5 Program:
Skaters participating in STAR 1-5 programming must be provided instruction in all disciplines within the STAR program. (Skills, Dance, Freeskate, Artistic and Synchronized Skating). Examples:
- Edge/turn class – hold hands in line and work on spacing and unison for synchro
- Lanes – add dance steps, turns, edges
- Stations – jump, spin, performance, turns, synchro elements, dance etc.
Further resources are available in the STAR 1-5 Guide.