Summer is a great time to get ready for the 2022-2023 registration year (available August 17).
Log into the Skate Canada Membership Site and click on Coaching, which will display your Coach Dashboard. Ensure all requirements within the Coach Dashboard will be met by verifying that all expiry dates are far enough in the future. To renew a requirement simply click on View/Update directly below the item you are looking to renew. Full details and instructions will be displayed directly on-screen throughout the Coach Dashboard.
The following requirements must remain up to date:
- Registered: full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada (2022-2023 Registration opens August 17).
- Valid first aid certificate – copy to be sent to [email protected]
- Clear screening through Skate Canada’s Back Check
- Have an NCCP status of CanSkate (or CanPowerSkate) In-training or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain their status through Maintenance of Certification
- Completed Skate Canada’s Code of Ethics training
- Valid Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training
Reminder: Skate Canada’s 2022-2023 registration year begins on September 1, 2022 and runs until August 31, 2023.
NEW – Coach Accreditation Policy (skatecanada.ca) Effective July 1, 2022