As STAR 6-Gold is being revised, released and implemented, we continue to devote attention to the STAR 1-5 program, content and assessment structure. Two disciplines have been added to the STAR 1-5 structure:
Artistic: STAR 5 Artistic assessment has been added to the STAR 1-5 content. Programming information will also be updated in the STAR 1-5 Resource Guide to reflect training in this area.
Synchro: To align with the updated LTD that is being created, Synchro assessments for STAR 2, 3, and 4 levels have been added to the STAR 1-5 content. This is the first step to integrate the discipline of Synchro into a clear athlete development pathway. Programming information will also be updated in the STAR 1-5 Resource Guide to reflect training in this area.
Below is a summarized list of STAR 1-5 revisions and updates currently available or coming soon:
- Updated STAR 1-5 Assessment Sheets: All sheets have been updated to match the STAR 6-Gold format and philosophies in the disciplines of Skills, Artistic and Dance. Fillable PDF files have been created that include all assessment sheets from STAR 1-Gold per discipline.
- Consolidated Assessment Guides: All STAR 1-5 assessment information has been consolidated with the STAR 6-Gold assessment information for the disciplines of Skills, Artistic and Dance.
- Assessment Sheets: Freeskate and Synchro
- Assessment Resource Guides: Freeskate and Synchro
- STAR 1-5 Resource Guide (formerly STAR 1-5 Resource Toolkit)
- Updated STAR 1-5 Coach Assessor Training: This will include training for Artistic and Synchro.
- STAR 1-4 Freeskate event standards will be updated to match the revised STAR 1-5 assessment structure.
- STAR 2/3 Dance will be updated in 2021.
- STAR 1-5 coach assessors may assess any skater.