The Skate Canada Rule Book has been updated for the 2019-2020 season. These rule updates include (but are not limited to):
- Updated program requirements for 2019-2020 season for
adult, competitive, and STAR.
- Scoring of Skate Canada Competitions
- revised bonuses
- revised values of deductions – synchronized skating
- 2.7 Clothing: gendered requirements to the clothing rule have been removed to align with the Trans Inclusion Policy. Revised language states: For domestic competition, clothing requirements are gender neutral. There are no restrictions on skaters choosing to wear skirts, dresses, pants or tights. This means that for all levels and disciplines in domestic competition skaters may chose any style of clothing that meets the other clothing requirements without penalty.
- 3.2 Draws: has been updated to include the option of sub-groups with a warm-up group for random draw.
- 8.3 Normal Quota of Entries: revised quotas for Challenge
- 8.4 Additional Qualifications for Entries from Skate Canada Sectionals: reduced Challenge Minimum Score exception from two skaters to one and removed of the National Summer Series as a method of qualification to Challenge.
- Eligibility to officiate updated to include Code of Ethics and Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training requirements
- STAR Assessments and STARSkate Tests will be updated in the fall of 2019 to coincide with the revisions the STAR 1-Gold.