Skate Canada has adjusted the evaluation process for Regional Coach certification. This change in process has been made to further support coach development and prepare coaches for success through the pathway.
Coaches will now follow these steps when they are ready to complete the Regional Coach certification process:
- Coaches must enroll in “Regional Coach Certified Evaluation Portfolio” through the eLearning site.
- Log into Skate Canada Membership site
- Click eLearning on the top bar
- Click All Courses
- Click National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Regional Coach Certified Evaluation Portfolio
- Enroll: You will be prompted to pay an $105 evaluation fee* prior to entry
- *Please note, this fee is non-refundable. Coaches should enroll in this course only when they are prepared to finish the portfolio in a timely manner (within maximum 2 months of enrolling).
Upon enrollment, the following events will take place:
- Coach will be assigned an evaluator by Skate Canada
- The evaluator will set up a time with the coach to review the portfolio (pre-brief conversation)
- The coach will complete the portfolio requirements and notify the evaluator.
- Ensure portfolio is in fillable Portfolio Template
- Submit for marking (within 2 months)
- The evaluator will review the portfolio
- Please allow 4 weeks for marking
- The evaluator will schedule a time with the coach to review the portfolio as well as create an action plan (debrief). The action plan may include additional professional development activities such as eLearning, resubmission of lessons, mentor coach lessons, etc.
If you have already started your portfolio….
- No problem. As we transition to this new process, we anticipate there being some overlap. Inform your evaluator where you are in the process during your Pre-Brief. They will be able to advise you as to any further preparation needed to be successful.
If you haven’t started yet….
- OK! Enroll through eLearning when you are ready, and you will go through the new process as intended.
Reminder: Coaches have three years to certify from the last day of the in-training course.
Please direct any questions you may have to Kaitlan Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org)