Skate Canada’s CanPowerSkate program has been revised to include the following:
- NCCP designation
- Alignment with LTAD
- Customized delivery options
- Increased focus on skill development for the Learn to Train stage of Hockey/Ringette
We are currently working on finalizing all documentation and resources.
For the 2018- 2019 season, clubs/skating schools may choose to offer the old or revised version of the CanPowerSkate program. Clubs/skating schools wishing to offer the revised program for this season must:
- Have a coach attend a CanPowerSkate NCCP Coaching Course offered by the section
- OR have a coach complete the CanPowerSkate Program Update eLearning module, when it becomes available (tentatively September 2018).
*Please note: Inventory for the old CanPowerSkate program is limited and will not be replenished. A new marketing and branding guide is forthcoming with strategies for club/school awards and incentives.
Existing CanPowerSkate Coaches
All existing coaches who have attended a CanPowerSkate coach course prior to July 2018 must:
- Take the CanPowerSkate Program Update eLearning module prior to coaching the revised program (when available)
- AND attend a NCCP CanPowerSkate Coaching Course and be in the new CanPowerSkate coach pathway by September 2022.
- Finalizing NCCP requirements for recognition
- Translation of all documents
- Soft Launch of the new program September 2018 – August 2019
- NCCP CanPowerSkate Coaching course available to all Sections
- Contact your section office for further information
- eLearning Program Update will be available
- Resources will be available for program support
- Written resources: available through attendance of the NCCP course or eLearning Program Update
- Video Tutorials/Resources: CPS skills videos are currently available on the Skating Development Video Library located on YouTube.
- September 1, 2019 – Full implementation of the revised CanPowerSkate program.
- All coaches offering the CanPowerSkate program must have attended the NCCP CanPowerSkate Coaching Course and be in the new CanPowerSkate coach pathway
Please continue to watch for updates through the Inside Edge (bi-weekly email newsletter), and the Skate Canada Connections Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media platforms.